Wednesday 30 April 2008

Bring on the Scousers?

For only the second time in my life, I think I might actually want those Lucky Scousers to win a game tonight (the previous occasion was a league fixture against the Geordies - the one team I dislike more – when there was an outside chance that they might actually win something for once in their miserable existence). The chance to see Man United beat (hopefully thump) them in the final, thereby shutting their fans up for ever, is just too good an opportunity to miss. Of course the nightmare scenario, where the Scousers have yet another of their lucky European nights, is simply too awful to contemplate. But this is perhaps a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to sort out the ultimate bragging rights, finally and for ever. So, as much as it pains me to admit it, I think I’ll be hoping that Chelsea slip up tonight. Well, perhaps...

No comments: